Through its truncated rib design, Gates Micro-V® multiribbed belt ensures an outstanding performance at higher speeds on smaller diameter pulleys. This smooth-running belt provides a power capacity increase up to 80% higher than RMA standards. The Micro-V® size range has recently been extended and comprises more than 125 standard effective lengths covering a multitude of applications.
Durable yellow marking indicating type and dimension.
- Truncated ribs ensure flexibility, reduce heat buildup and improve rib crack resistance.
- High modulus, low stretch polyester tensile member provides superior resistance to fatigue and shock loads.
- All elastomeric rubber compound provides oil and heat resistance.
- Specially formulated fibre reinforced undercord stock improves beltstability.
- Extremely smooth and cool running.
- Very high power capacity per rib.
- Long life due to extra load-carrying capacity.
- Improved performance on back idlers.
- Smaller drive package.
- Tolerant of pulley groove debris.
Micro-V® belts are available in PJ, PL and PM cross-sections. The figure below shows a cross-sectional view illustrating the nominal belt dimensions — rib width and belt height. All these belts will operate in standard pulleys provided the pulleys are manufactured to the DIN 7867 or ISO 9982 standard for the specific cross-section.
Nominal top width:
bb = Nr x Sg
Where: Nr = number of ribs
Sg = pulley groove spacing
Sections and nominal dimensions