Today’s highly sophisticated car engines operate at higher temperatures and higher speeds. Also, pulley diameters are smaller to save space under the bonnet and practically all engines now have overhead camshafts. These increasingly severe conditions put more stress on timing belts. For maximum durability and to avoid premature engine failure, only OE equivalent belts should be used. Gates PowerGrip® timing belts are manufactured to the toughest OE requirements and are specified by car manufacturers around the world. They provide you with a long service life. What is more, our range ensures a coverage of more than 99.8% of the European car park regardless whether it concerns petrol, diesel, European, Asian or American applications.
- Manufactured with durable and reinforced rubber compounds (HSN) to resist temperature extremes and to protect the belt against grease, oil drops, moisture and wear
- Precision-formed teeth provide positive engagement with the mating grooves on the sprocket and reduce noise level
- Trapezoidal, curvilinear and modified curvilinear tooth profile, depending on the application
- Helically wound tensile cords, made of fibreglass, provide increased flexibility and resistance to elongation
- State-of-the-art jacket materials to protect the belt against the impact of the metal sprockets and to reduce noise generation
- Individually packed in sealed cardboard boxes, including a mileage sticker, showing belt applications, drive layout, timing marks, installation tips, a reference to the corresponding Technical Bulletin or necessary tooling if applicable and a Gates Holospot® security mark that helps you to distinguish original Gates quality from counterfeit