Poly Chain® belts - Poly Chain® GT Carbon™
Now also available in two special belt constructions:
- Poly Chain® GT Carbon™ High Temperature
- Poly Chain® GT Carbon™ Hot Oil
Through providing you with precise drive solutions of unsurpassed quality and leading edge technology Gates brings you the ultimate in synchronous drive systems. Poly Chain® GT Carbon™ is Gates’ newest polyurethane synchronous belt with patented carbon tensile cord design also suited for high torque, low speed drives. The materials development engineers from Gates are the first to have incorporated a high fatigue-resisting carbon fibre tensile cord into the belt which is made of a new polyurethane compound. Consequently, Poly Chain® GT Carbon™ is the most powerful synchronous belt in the market providing a maintenance-free, energy saving and environmentally friendly operation offering an excellent alternative to roller chain and gear drives.
Three part number on the back of the belt indicating tooth pitch, pitch length and belt width in millimeters. Belt inside colour is blue.
- The basic belt consists of a newly developed tough, lightweight polyurethane compound which is chemically resistant and ensures optimum adhesion with the carbon tensile cords.
- The carbon fibre reinforcement provides high strength and length stability with improved shock load and fatigue resistance, while reducing stretch and increasing flexibility.
- The facing is a nylon fabric that acts as a wear resistant surface, protecting the teeth. It also helps keep frictional losses to a minimum.
- The special modified curvilinear tooth profile improves stress distribution and allows higher overall loading.
- Now also available in two special belt constructions:
- Poly Chain® GT Carbon™ High Temperature Special polyurethane compound provides superb heat resistance. It enables the belt to remain fully operational under extreme temperatures ranging up to 120°C and even up to 140°C during shorter periods;
- Poly Chain® GT Carbon™ Hot Oil Poly Chain® GT Carbon™ Hot Oil Special polyurethane compound provides superb oil and heat resistance, ensuring a problem-free operation in oil environments at temperatures ranging up to 120°C (suitable for transfer cases, gear boxes…).
- Extraordinary power capacity: at least 25% higher power ratings than Poly Chain® GT2 belts.
- Clean, quiet, compact, durable, maintenance-free, energy saving and environmentally friendly operation.
- Virtual constant belt tension over belt life.
- Ability to use back idlers.
- Designed to fit with current Poly Chain® GT pulleys.
- Suitable for temperatures from -54°C to +85°C. Special versions can be used up to 140°C.
- Wide application range: industrial equipment (mining, construction, food and beverage, wood, paper, pulp, textile), conveying equipment, lifting and handling equipment, agricultural and forestry equipment, machine tools, motorcycle rear wheel drives, bicycle drives… and many more.