PowerGrip® GT3 is Gates’ latest development in synchronous rubber belts. This new, technically advanced belt covers the widest range of industrial applications. The PowerGrip® GT3 synchronous belt transmits up to 30% more power than previous generation belts (PowerGrip® GT2). This entire belt range is suited both for new drive designs as for replacements on existing drives without any adaptation of the system. The 2MGT, 3MGT and 5MGT pitches are ideal for compact drives on hand tools, business machines, domestic appliances, high precision servomotor drives and multiaxis applications.
Three part number on the back of the belt indicating pitch, belt length and width.
• Technically advanced compound with fibreglass tensile cord, elastomeric teeth and backing and nylon facing.
• Elastomeric backing protects the cords from environmental pollution and
• Helically wound tensile member gives enormous strength, flex life and
• Low friction nylon facing protects the tooth surface against wear.
• Precision-formed and accurately spaced elastomeric teeth.
• 5MGT is silicone-free and therefore ideal for painting processes.
• Used on GT type pulleys.
• Substantially increased power ratings: up to 30% more than previous
• Compact drives and less weight.
• Positioning accuracy.
• Improved tooth jump resistance.
• Reduced noise levels.
• Cost-effective, long-lasting and virtually maintenance-free.
For correct usage of belt please request Gates’ Synchronous Belt Drive Design Manual (E2/20099)
Sections and nominal dimensions